22/04/2016

Sadler

I was very fortunate to spot this delightful teapot in my local charity shop. I just love it!

James Sadler was founded in 1882. James Sadler built a factory in Burslem, Stoke on Trent and made a name for himself by making fine earthenware teapots. He became famous very quickly and a James Sadler teapot became synonomous with quality and good taste.  The first teapots were made using a red clay and had a dark brown glazed surface.
In April 2000 the name and business (but not the works) of Sadler was taken over by Churchill China.

The base of this teapot carries the blue

 Windsor backstamp.



2 comments:

  1. I had to laugh as I saw this same one at an estate sale yesterday! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a coincidence. How much was it being sold for?

      Delete